1. Stephen Okechukwu Keshi was born on January 23, 1962.
2. He hails from Oshimili North Local Government Area of Delta State.
3. Keshi kicked off his career as a footballer at a very tender age at ACB Football Club, and later played for New Nigeria Bank, Stade d’Abidjan, Africa Sports, Lokeren, Anderlecht, RC Strasbourg, and a host of other clubs.
4. Keshi was nicknamed the ‘Big Boss’ due to his leadership skills.
5. He represented the Nigerian national team from 1982, at age 20, till 1994, most of the time as Captain of the Super Eagles and scoring vital goals from his position as a central defender.
6. Apart from the Nigerian national team, Keshi coached the Togolese and Malian national teams.
7. He guided the Togolese team to their only World cup appearance till date and won the African Nation’s cup with Nigeria in 2013.
8. Keshi was one of the only two soccer stars, along with Egypt’s Mahmoud El-Gohary, to have won the Africa Cup of Nations both as a player and a coach.
9. He spoke French and English fluently.
10. Keshi lost his wife Kate in December to the cold hands of death after battling with cancer for a long period.
11. Keshi was supposed to travel to the United State of America on Wednesday (June 2016) but he has since gone to join his creator and his late wife, Kate Keshi.
12. Stephen Keshi is survived by four children and his mother.
Rest in peace Big Boss.